Wednesday 5 October 2011

No guts, no glory.

After trying out my new bits for my Retribution, I was feeling good about a day of fun at Tanelorn Wargames Club. Jon Webb was running a one day event for Wrath. It promised to be good. 30-odd guys squeezing as many games as they could into the day with a few prizes and some charitable donations can only be a good thing. Especially as it was an opportunity to get some interaction between members of both Cross Gaming Club and Tanelorn, which unfortunately doesn’t happen enough. Which is a shame as there are some really nice players there. I remember having a really good time at their two-day campaign driven Warmachine event to decide on the best faction. Although I didn’t win a single of my five games (quelle surprise) it was great to see and meet players in the wider community. The only times this year I have seen, let alone spoken to, was at the UK Masters and the European Team Championships.


After packing my case on the Friday (really early with the event happening on Sunday – a habit I’ve picked up from the wife who will pack our bags no less than a week before we go on holiday) I started to make up some lists, as players would get points for using multiple casters. I rehashed previous lists to accommodate my new bits and try things I don’t usually try (even the Dawnguard Scyir was included). So all prepared, it was time to sleep and dream about getting at least one win.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a very explosive feeling, and it certainly wasn’t confidence. My bowels had decided to rebel against me. I couldn’t get back to sleep. As a result, I did not make it to Tanelorn. I didn’t feel that, even in a fairly large gaming room, 30 or so other guys didn’t want to have someone whose guts were on fire. I really wanted to go but at least I made some contribution in the shape of a charitable donation as part of the entry fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment