Friday 21 October 2011

No game, some gain.

So, my second game of Malifaux this Tuesday night didn’t happen. But I did watch a game in action between Neverborn (Zoraida) and Outcasts (Viktorias). I watched as the Outcast crew that Luke played was pretty much what I was hoping to use. With a extremely unlucky control hand in his last turn, things got quite ugly for Luke. Still it was interesting to see the mechanics of the game again and watch how crazy the Neverborn Stitched Togethers are with Collodi and Zoraida.

Once I got home, I put my Malifaux crew to one side and pulled out my Combined army. I had actually forgotten why I picked up this starter set in the first place. But as soon as I started to glue them together, I realised that they just looked like bad-assed mofos. The Morat Vanguard and Datuzari models just look completely solid. I think this is what all front line troops should look like. The question is: am I going to make them look good. Probably not. The Charotnid looks super cool and sleek and the Malingos suitably creepy, while my Speculo Killer looks sexy. Possibly a bit more than the Viktoria model with the dual swords. I should have a bit of time on Sunday to work on these so they can be presentable on the tabletop.

I have also just realised that this is my ninety-ninth blog post which means that the next one will have to be special. It should include something like a highlight reel or best bits, but it will most likely be full of bloopers.

No comments:

Post a Comment