Tuesday 18 October 2011

Excitment. Annoyance. Mehness.

I’m going gaming tonight without my carry case. Brilliant. I’ve been playing a lot with infantry heavy armies for Hordes/Warmachine over recent months so taking a carry case has been pretty normal. But tonight however I have packed my six (6) minis into a much smaller case which happens to fit in my bag/satchel.

Six models. Tonight I will be paying Malifaux. This will be an intro even though this will be my second game (the first was played quite a while ago). I have forgotten everything and have been grabbing little peeks at my pdf version of the rulebook here and there but will still feel like a complete noob. The models I packed are both Viktorias, Tealor, Bishop, Johan and Hamelin. I have endeavoured over the last couple of weeks to paint these, but my efforts (as always) have mostly been met with failure. Still, I just about finished (lost patience) both of my Viktorias and have started to move onto Taelor. I will try and finish the crew before I play the next game of Malifaux, which I have to say won’t be any time soon. To explain, next week I want to get my first game of Infinity with my Combined Army and then November I will be in self-imposed exile. I’m going to be taking part in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), so all of my time will be taken by trying to churn out 50,000 words in thirty days. So December will be the next time that I will be rolling any dice (or flipping cards) in anger.

I would also like to share my annoyance with my limited readership. I sold the last of my Necrons a few couple of months ago now. I was bored of them and as an army just weren’t going to cut it against the other power armies out there. Plus the wife wanted the space.
So what happens next? GW are revamping the Necron army. I had been waiting a long time (since I got back into regular gaming a couple of years back) for something to happen. A new troop choice maybe, a new vehicle, heavy weapon options for regular troops, even a new character or C’Tan would have done. But looking at the imminent releases, I am now absolutely gutted that I trimmed the fat in my model collections. I will still buy the new Codex when it is released, but I will remain absolutely gutted.
Also, I’m a little disappointed with ‘The First Heretic’. It showed Lorgar of the Word Bearers having such a clear vision, but then the book just sort of went crappy at the end and changed my view of the golden one. I did like seeing the whole Isstvan V scenario from a different angle and enjoyed the portrayal of Argel Tal. But I cannot help feeling that some of the focus was lost towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment