Sunday 18 September 2011

Some decent progress and a bit of a crappy set-back.

It’s quite incredible really. For most of this weekend I have sat down and painted and for the most part enjoyed it. I have finished off my Immortals and have now started on my Bronzeback and two Gladiators. I’m very pleased with how the Immortals turned out. They are nothing at all special, just Astronomican Grey, a bit of a wash and some wishy-washy gold. Good enough for me as I can’t really be arsed with highlighting (which might not help my cause at tourneys where there are marks for painting). The only thing I want to do to them at the moment is base them which I’m currently leaving to my wife. She wants a bit of a distraction from her museum work so I’m letting her base my Immortals, Ancestral Guardian and Swordsmen with UA. I’ll post some pics when she’s done this.
This has left me free to start work on my elephants. I’ve started thier skin with Graveyard Earth as opposed to some kind of grey. As usual you won’t see any sort of really fancy work on thier skin but I’ll try and make a bit more of an effort than usual. After these guys are done I want to work on Lord Arcanist Ossyan, Sylys Wyshnalyrr (if I can pick him up somewhere) and Aiyana and Holt. I want to have this lot done before the one day event over at Tanelorn next Sunday. I’m quite excited about using Ossyan as I really like his Chronomancer spell which will make his jacks a little more efficient. This might be the guy to freshen up my Retribution. Of all the models so far released from the Wrath book, I am only missing the Arkantric Force Generator. I think I will get one one day but will probably just wait for the new jacks to become available. Besides I’m having fun with Skorne right now.
Whilst buying Ossy and A+H, I accidently bought some other bits and pieces (going stupidly over budget). I bought me an Agonizer, a Void Spirit, One Basilisk Drake and one Basilisk Krea, Swamp Gobbos and maxed out both of my Gatormen units. Also I bought a new Warlock that I’m getting excited about (I won’t mention who he is yet). Not cheap and more than I might be willing to paint right now. Still that’s what this hobby does to you, doesn’t it? I'll go back and hit the paints.

No comments:

Post a Comment