Tuesday 6 September 2011

WIP - Praetorian Swordsmen

Another painting post?


Well, I’ve finished my Cetrati by pinning their weapon hands to their bodies (at least I hope I did – we will know when I pull them out of the case and throw them onto the tabletop tonight). I also pinned Xerxis various appendages while I was at it (again we’ll know if I got it right tonight). Next on the agenda – a maximum unit of Praetorian Swordsmen with UA. I’ve already seen from forums and other blogs that these guys have quite a bit of detail on them. They weren’t wrong.

 
These guys are testing my patience. When I started this unit, I had quite a bit of impetus after finishing Xerxis and 12 heavy troops. As I always say, I have very little patience for painting but I ploughed ahead as I set myself an extremely unrealistic goal of finishing them by the time I play my next game (I started at some point on Sunday afternoon and have a game against Nat and his Menoth tonight). All the same, I’m somewhat happy with the progress I’m making and will hope to have them tabletop ready by next Tuesday.
I will be keeping with the theme of green and gold with some red bits here and there (not red, gold and gree-ee-een), and dark blue/purple skin.

This is a scheme that I want to carry over to the next unit (maximum Immortals and Ancestral Guardian) but am not quite sure how to do so yet. I have base coated an Immortal (sorry, I forgot to take a pic) in Astronomican Grey. I am quite taken by this and prefer it to the PP studio’s black scheme. I had this colour in mind for a while and only confirmed my choice after searching the web for alternate schemes. I saw Immortals in jade, terracotta and a kind of sandstone which all looked really great. The big choice for me is whether I add green armour plates and gold trimming to these models. But that should really be a decision for when I finish my pesky Swordsmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment