Friday 2 September 2011

Some stats (insert quote about stats being totally meaningless here)

I have (rather sadly) spent a large portion of my lunch break figuring out my success rate this year. If the idea of tabletop games being games and not life and death was not at the forefront of my mind, then I would be sickened by what I’ve just put myself through. As it is, these numbers would prompt a lot of people to use the phrase ‘Don’t give up your day job’. So here goes:


Since start of 2011:

P – 45 W – 4 D – 1 L – 40

Amazing, huh?

The next few facts are in no way self-criticism, but...

1) The draw (against Jaden) was looking like a defeat for me before we ran out of time.

2) One of the wins (against Bill) was a battle-box game where I wanted to get the hang of the Hordes mechanic.

3) Another of the wins (against Mark) might have been another loss if Mark had remembered to put all of his models on the table.


It looks like a really bad record, but my tournament only record is even worse. Attending both the UK Masters and ETC this year gave me a 0-12 score sheet. Yes, I need to try harder I suppose but it’s only a game. Anyway as our resident Warmahordes madman Vish put it, “0-12 is a record that people need to understand. It means you are literally Fearless, inured to injury pain and suffering. To be honest, that's pretty fucking hardcore if you ask me.”
I only went on this little fact finding mission to find out how long my current losing streak is. Here is the answer: 16 games. However if you apply fact number 3 the streak would stretch to 26 games. And if you wanted to go further, then apply fact number 1 to make it 27 games since I beat Marcus (legitimately).

Beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment