Thursday 1 September 2011

Right...

Right. I’ve just eBayed the last (pretty much, there is just a few models left) of my Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, Necrons and Dwarfs (sorry GW). And now I’ve come to a couple of realisations.


First and foremost, I’ve pretty much recouped all that I furiously splurged on minis since I was made redundant from my last job four years ago. The money I received back then made me quite silly and made me quite addicted to eBay. This means that I have finally paid of the loan I took out to cover my credit card which makes the wife pleased. Have I learnt my lesson? Mostly yes. I still buy bits every month, but no more than my agreed budget. For September, I’m not going to buy anything except for a few pots of paint as I want to concentrate on my Xerxis force which has a few options that I can use. I hope I will only buy when I have tested these options.

Secondly, and this is really strange, I miss my Necrons (and to a certain extent, my Dark Angels). Just like the rest of the armies and forces I’ve ever collected, the Necron success rate was poor. But I liked their simplicity. Only the Necron Lord had any real weapon options. I even enjoyed the simple paint job I gave the majority of them – this was the main reason for buying them, I didn’t have to go over the top with them. When I bought my paints at lunchtime today, I was speaking with the chap at GW and he seems to think that Necrons will finally get some form of update later this year. If this is true, then I may regret getting rid of them.

Hopefully I will now remain a responsible gamer/collector (just a couple of months ago I did have a relapse and picked up a fantastic bargain of a Gator force for Hordes). I have learned that I can say no to new minis and games systems, but that’s not to say that I will not add to my Malifaux and Infinity armies (they are simply on the back burner).

No comments:

Post a Comment