Wednesday 31 March 2010

Success off the tabletop, and failure on the tabletop (again).

Last weekend, I managed to do something that happens to be improbable. I successfully sat down to paint. I got my 14 Ratskins painted to a very basic standard, although not completely as there are still some white bits. Once done, I'll probably give them a wash and then finish the bases and leave it at that. I don't have an incredible hunger to paint, but I have to get them finished. I actually want to move onto painting my new Infinity stuff. It will be nice to see some different models. After that I want to finish painting my Warmachine models. Then and only then, will I start to tackle my Imperial Guard and Dark Angels.
Last night's visit to the club involved a bit more Necromunda. While my campaign action was postponed, I looked for a casual game. I found one against Pete and his Van Saar gang. We opted to play a Shoot-out scenario which are always good for a laugh. When rolling for how many gang members would participate, I rolled only two while Pete rolled four! This wasn't looking good to start with. As our groups shuffled towards eaach other on the tabletop, we kept rolling to see whose nerve would break first. It turned out that Pete's gang lost it first, which was good for me as it meant some more experience at the end. We established the order of shooting, which saw my two Ratskins shoot second and joint third. Pete's first ganger missed with his shot and then so did mine. My other Ratskin failed to shoot which left them both at the mercy of the Van Saar's Heavy Stubber. This jammed after two shots (Pete rolled five shots for sustained fire) which didn't change things as it took my guys out. One of my Ratskins did get up only to be put down again.
This was a very quick game indeed. One of my Ratskins, Eecheyakee, picked up multiple injuries but survived, but both gangers picked up a stat increase. I also picked up a bit of income which enabled me to buy another ganger a Blindsnake Pouch which is always useful.
I now have to wait a week for my next game (my exploratory campaign action involving ZOMBIES) and my first taster of Infinity. I shall be reading the rules (for once) and will let you know if I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment