Thursday 8 April 2010

A Very Cinematic Loss

Tuesday night saw my Ratskins involved in a truly brilliant scenario. Despite losing (what a surprise!) I really had a fun game. I had chosen to go for an Exploration move as I needed to gain Campaign Points. The scenario was called "Left For Dead" and involved plenty of Zombies (I can't imagine how they came up with that one!). It started of with my gang facing 20 randomly moving counters which consisted of 5 Loot, 10 Zombies and 5 Scaly's). I wouldn't know what these are until I came within 8" of them. The object was to kill all Zombies and Scaly's or move off my able edge with all 5 loot counters.
The game started off just fine. Picked off a Scaly of two along with a couple of Zombies in h2h. I even managed to shoot one (there rules concerning shooting were if you took a shot, you had to roll 2d6 and add the weapons strength. If this added upp to 10 or more, it would alert all the undead on the table and even bring on a few Zombies per turn). Things were going great until I got brave enough to take a second shot. This one did alert the rest of the horde and all the remaining counters were revealed. I now knew where the loot was. All I had to do was barge my way past the undead. The zombies were clever and, in true b-movie style, started to surround my Ratskins. Several went down and out but I was determined to fight on. I managed to regroup my remaining warriors and push for the loot. I grabbed a couple of counters and could have grabbed more. the Zombies kept coming and picked off more Ratskins. This put me in a dangerous position as I needed to make a bottle roll. I made the first but, in the next turn, I failed the second.
As a result I lost the game. No loot or territory were gained and two of my men died. But it doesn't matter. The game played out just like a good (or bad) zombie movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment