Friday 14 May 2010

My Menoth future

I am quite happy with my Menoth force currently and I have a fairly solid plan of what I wish to add in the future. At least I did until the forces of Menoth book came out. I’ve looked at it, especially the tiered lists for each warcaster, and found myself changing my mind.
I think I will continue with next months plan and get both the Temple Flameguard and new Exemplar Errant unit attachments along with a Castigator. But after that, I was looking at either getting the Exemplar Bastions or Cinerators. Instead, I might get another unit of Zealots due to my purchase of Vindictus and the High Reclaimer this month. They both seem to work best with plenty of infantry (Vindictus especially because of his feat).
I may also look to get another unit of Exemplar Errants. I have found them to be quite useful and will look to be even more useful with their new unit attachment and Seneschal. I do like the idea of an all Exemplar force led by Kreoss.
Before MKII, I was thinking about pairing a Castigator with a unit of Flameguard Cleansers as they could be used as ‘holy hand grenades’ which is seemed just as much fun as Zealots’ grenades all deviating wildly (I do find it fun in a way that is full of character).
I also wanted to get a few Mercenary solos, which I have done by ‘hiring’ Gorman di Wulfe, Doc Killingsworth, Rhupert Carvolo and (when he arrives) Orin Midwinter. I would love to hide Gorman amongst the Zealots. In my last game, I got the Zealots to charge a heavy warjack, and they actually gave it quite a bit of pain. With Gorman in tow, they can take advantage of his Black Oil grenade and let fly with plenty of firebomb goodness. I haven’t had the chance to use Rhupert yet, but I am aware of what he can do. But I am now a little disappointed with Killingsworth under MKII. Under MKI, he would have been a great solo to follow my warcaster around and grant Tough and have the opportunity to heal d6 points of damage. Now it seems that he can only provide these services to Faction models. So he may have to wait until I get the urge to start a Mercenary force or I might just sell him on.
In the far future (or at least before the end of the year), I would really like to start a Skorne force for Hordes. I want something that would be a complete contrast from Menoth, and maybe Skorne will fit in with that. I do like the big Titan warbeasts. Also, they are red and gold which are the same colour as my Menoth (I don't like the idea of Menoth White which is in all the fluff). Additionally, red and gold(en yellow) is the colour of my Praetorian Imperial guard. Maybe I can do my Dwarf throng in red and gold. Why don't I repaint my Necrons red and... no! Forget it! They were hard enough to paint as it was hard enough - one sprayed coat of Boltgun Metal, one cup of tea, one sprayed coat of Devlan Mud wash, another cup of tea, and then find something else to do until I can be bothered to do the details.
Distractions aside, I’ve come up against Hordes armies a few times before and enjoyed the look of them. I remember playing a game against Skorne last year and just almost soiled myself when I saw what I was up against. But I really should put this plan to the back of my mind. As I have several other gaming interests all on the go.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan, I am looking forward to going up against you and Vindictus/reclaimer, I have never played them before. Zealots are definitely the way to go with these two, since they just hand out souls all over the place and work great with Vindictus. The exemplar lists are fantastic, Gringo came up with an amazing one with Kreoss.

    Skorne sounds cool, though I think I am going to try out a minion force, more Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to over-use Severius for the next few weeks so I can really understand how he works best, but I'll probably try Vindictus next. I'll let you know when he's ready. A game against you would be really good soon.

    ReplyDelete