Tuesday 11 May 2010

False hopes / new additions.

Nope! It is not a case of new venue, new luck! I rocked up to the club to play some Warmachine and got my Menoth butt handed to me (by a guy called Jeremy and his Khador) in the first session, and then suitably squished in the second after some hot Menoth on Menoth action (thanks Nat). I will make a couple of excuses in my defence, however. These were my first games under the MKII rules and I was getting myself all muddled up. Also, I still haven't sat down and read/studied/absorbed the rules (quelle surprise as my wife would say). Yes, these are rubbish excuses! they shouldn't even be excuses. I knew I should have just sat down Sunday morning, ignored the cat and the aforementioned wife, and forced myself to do something about it. Instead, I found myself gorging myself on some Monday Night Raw and Smackdown from a couple of weeks ago.


Still, I'm going to try again tonight. I'll be playing a new guy to the club, and indeed Warmachine itself. This means it won't be a competitive game which is good as I don't do competition very well. I just like to turn up and have a drink and roll my uncooperative dice.

Gaming aside, I have made quite a few additions to my various forces:

MonPoc: I have purchased another monster (Rakadon) and lots of grunts for my Terrasaurs/Empire of the Apes force. I have nearly enough of each model released so far so I have a lot to choose from the next time I play. All before the next block of releases for the game.

Warmachine: I bought Vindictus, the Blessing of Menoth, Dartan Vilmon, The High Reclaimer (this should have been Orin Midwinter), Gorman di Wolfe, Doc Killingsworth and the Temple Flameguard unit attachment.

40k: I don't have a particular need to add to my Dark Angels or Necrons (especially with GW's future price increases), but when I saw some OOP Necrons I snapped them up. I got a Necron Lord, seven Scarabs, 20 Warriors, 5 Immortals and 3 Destroyers. ALL OLD SKOOL!!!

Malifaux: for some unknown reason, I took advantage of Tor Gaming’s clearance on their Malifaux mini’s. I bought a shed load of Outcasts, much more than I need to start.

All in all I have spent way too much on models and I'm going to take forever painting (thankfully the old style Necrons are already painted). The only thing I didn't buy was luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment