Thursday 17 January 2013

Cryx Double Header


After a good first game of the year, I had two fairly bad games (not the opponents, gents as always, but more for the bad match-ups). Coincidentally, they were both against Cryx. I had six games against them in 2012 winning only one (against pDenny, I lost against pGaspy, pGoreshade, Scaverous, pSkarre and someone/thing else that has been omitted from the records). However, I have to point out that the win against pDenny was due to Plod deciding to charge the caster into mine (Barnabas) and fail the assassination, leaving my head Gator an easy job.

vs Plod (Terminus)

This was such a horrible match up. I didn't have the denial tools I needed to cope with what was in front of me. If my army had been set in virtually a mirror image of what it was, then maybe I could have put up more of a fight. Indeed selection could have been a little better with me lowering the number of jacks on the table and maybe adding in another unit.
Kreoss3, and his feat especially, requires some proper thought throughout a game. In order to get the most out of the feat, placement is key. It will be about getting him to a place where he can begin to affect things with more authority. To help him out, I did pick up a Guardian so spells have that extra range.

vs Ed (eGaspy)

It's always intimidating coming up against Bane Spam, even more so when it's against Ed. I was pleased with how my new toy (fully painted, although I do need to put some grass on the base) performed. Ably assisted by Visgoth Rhoven and a choir, Judicator laid down a fair bit of fiery death. I need to be able to position my screening troops in front of it a lot better but, then again, there isn't a lot you can do about eGaspy's feat. One of the things I actually could have done was got the choir to make Judicator immune to magic. That would have saved a fair chunk of damage boxes, meaning it would easily have been ready for another round of dishing out flaming goodness.
Overall, I have to say that I'm quite please with the list I put out and will happily use it again. There are just a couple of placement issues that require refining, but that should easily be fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment