Tuesday 21 February 2012

Minion paint update.

Finally, I’ve gotten my friend to get my second Wrastler to tabletop standard while I’ve done the same with Maelok and a Boneswarm. These three now takes my Minion force to just over halfway done. To be fair, there are 52 minion models in my collection and a handful of them are don’t really have a place in any Blindwater Congregation force I may try out; models like Brun Cragback and Lug, Dahlia and Skarrath, Alten Ashley and Lanyssa Ryssyl. So taking these out I’m almost two-thirds finished.
While I could get away with most of my minis being tabletop ready, a lot of them could do with some highlighting. This frightens me a bit as I’m not incredibly skilled with a brush. The last time I tried to highlight something, I ruined my Ravenwing bike squad. After I have finished my minions, I might try and practice a bit on the handful of plastic Space Marines I was given. If I don’t do this, I’ll just move back onto my Skorne and try and finish them off. My aim is to steadily move on through each faction and try and get everything done eventually. For Skorne and Retribution, there is quite a bit that has been started and just wants finishing off, but Menoth is a whole different kettle of fish. At only11.8% completed I’m not looking forward to it, especially having to model three whole units of Knights Exemplar.

But that is some ways away in the future. What I really want to roll off my paint table is my unit of Bog Trogs and second Croak hunter. The Bog Trogs have been sitting there mostly done and were some of the first Minions I started, so it would be good to just get them out of my hair. The Croak will need to be done for Round 5 of the Slow Grow league and I might just get a start on Victor Pendrake and Swamp Gobbers just in case there is room for them in Round 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment