Thursday 16 February 2012

Minion paint progress

The clubs Slow Grow league has been a very useful aid to painting my Minions force. Pretty much all of it has been painted already for the previous rounds. So far, over the last month and a bit, I have completed:
Bloody Barnabas
Calaban the Grave Walker
Blackhide Wrastler
Ironback Spitter
Bull Snapper
Gatorman Posse (max) x 2
Farrow Bone Grinders (max) (not in pic)
Croak Hunter
Feralgeist
Wrongeye and Snapjaw



Still on my to do list:

Maelok the Dreadbound
Starting a second Croak Hunter
Putting the finishing touches to my Bog Trogs (max)
Finishing off a Bone Swarm

There are other Minion bits and pieces that I’d like to work on afterwards:

Totem Hunter
Thrullg
Victor Pendrake
Alten Ashley
Ordering the missing arm for my second Bull Snapper.
Starting on my second Ironback Spitter (although this really is not priority, at all)
Swamp Gobbers
Brun Cragback and Lug

My friend, the one who got me into miniatures in the first place, is currently painting up my second Blackhide Wrastler for me. He is a good painter and I’m hoping to keep his interest up by letting him throw some paint on things like Brun and Lug and or the Totem Hunter. I might maybe give him license to do my Yu Jing force if he has any patience for it. I don’t think that he’ll start throwing dice around and pick up wargaming, but it would be nice to see him producing some good minis (he entered his Eldar Avatar for Golden Demon 96).
Once I have finished off my minions (or at least when the Slow Grow League has finished) I’ll move back to painting the rest of my Skorne (63.73% done) in readiness for the Masters (if I can snap up a ticket) and ETC. And after that I may make an effort to make my Menoth army look presentable (11.56% done).

No comments:

Post a Comment