Thursday 7 April 2011

Fancy a double?

After the success of CGC’s Iron Cross mini tourney, it was decided to carry on the fun with a doubles league. So six teams were assembled with a nice spread of factions (meaning less Khador for this event). We will be playing each other team twice (home and away) using the Kill Box scenario, and each player bring 25 points to the table.

I didn’t want to use Menoth as, as I have said before, they are on indefinite leave. Also no-one else uses Retribution at the moment and my Trollblood force is not big enough yet. So that left Skorne. While I don’t have a varied and flexible force yet, I can still field different looking forces. Having said that, I did go and buy Xerxis purposefully for this league. He just looks mean and plays mean too!
So I teamed with Oli, our resident Press Ganger to bring ultimate subjugation to our enemies. First off, we came up against the combo of Vish (Cryx) and Nick (Four Star Syndicate). We set up like thus:


Then we begun the mentalness. Vish pulled off some crazy manoeuvres while Nick steadily pushed forward with his shooty jacks. This was something Oli and I mirrored with Oli speeding his force forward and me moving my Xerxis brick slowly and surely. Once Nick had me in his sights, he took a shot at Xerxis and promptly knocked him out of the Kill Box scoring a point for Team S.P.E.C.T.R.E.. Some more mentalness…
happened and eMorghoul press forward and killed some stuff but not his intended target. Unfortunately, he would die soon after despite a ridiculously high Def. Xerxis took some more punishment, but laughed at everyone as he survived with a single point of damage. Vish’s caster decided to hide and Nick’s Magnus remained behind his lines making it a difficult task for Oli and I to take either of them. The Skorne were staring at the prospect of losing. The final turn proved to be quite tricky and demanded everything to go as planned (the planning took some time as well). This involved a Titan Gladiator picking up Nick’s Nomad (I think it was a nomad) and throwing it at Magnus and hopefully pushing the Merc caster out of the Kill Box and earning a draw. The was executed, but the flying jack deviated away from Magnus.

C’est la Vie! This was a great game and I cannot wait for the return leg for which we’ll be ready. You’ll probably have noticed a lack of quality (and diminished amount) of pics in this batrep. That’s because so much happened in the game that I wasn’t prepared for. It’s also the reason for highlights as opposed to a lengthy report. But I promise something a little better for next week against the Trolls. Just to make up for it, here’s a pic of the totally awesome cake celebrating four years of Cross Gaming Club. Happy Birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment